Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) continues to take significant measures, informed by provincial and national authorities, to minimize the possible impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. As a pulp and power producer, Al-Pac has been identified by the Government of Alberta as an essential sector.
Our pulp goes to customers in North America and Asia that, in turn, produce medical supplies packaging, tissue and toilet paper, food packaging and other paper products that are truly invaluable to our customers at this time. The power we produce not only makes our facility self-sufficient but also enables us to export electricity onto Alberta’s electricity grid for use in 15,000 homes.
Over the past months we have adjusted the way we work, including:
- Created an Incident Command Team (ICT) that focuses on our team members’ safety, contractors and the communities where we operate, business continuity and the protection of our assets.
- Adopting remote work for as many team members as possible uses virtual technology over face-to-face interactions.
- Modified shift schedules to reduce the number of contacts made by incoming and outgoing personnel with new access controls to better monitor on-site numbers.
- Implementation of team member and contractor self-assessment logbooks to assist with contact tracing.
- Mandating of masking, social distancing, handwashing, heightened personal hygiene, and team members’ self-isolation consistent with guidelines from Alberta Health Services (AHS).
As the global effect of COVID-19 continues to evolve, we fully acknowledge that there are risks related to the pandemic, and we are committed to doing our best to mitigate those risks and impacts. We will persevere and continue to operate as long as we can safely do so.
We take great pride in our ability and obligation to provide goods that society needs, and our role as a member of the communities in which we live and work. Our actions today make us stronger tomorrow.
Thank you to contractors, suppliers, customers and the communities that we live and operate in for all of their support. And finally, thank you to our Al-Pac Team Members, who consistently go above and beyond.